Proverbs 22:9

A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.

Deuteronomy 15:11

...I therefore command you, "Open your hand to the poor and needy neighbor in your land."

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 38: Reestablishment

Today was a great day.
1) I had an interview with some Resident Directors to follow up in my application to become a Resident Assistant in a dorm here on campus.
2) I finished my book in time for class
3) The class on this book was fantastic

but mostly
4) I got a large box in the mail with the second shipment of NourishNiger bracelets (here's a picture!)
and
5) I spoke on the phone with Bill Meyer of Reach Now International!

Speaking with Bill on the phone was so helpful and SO encouraging. Things have been topsy turvy lately and talking with him really reignited the passion and energy for this project. You know how it goes - one thing leads to another and your priorities get mixed. Really, I have many 'priorities' at the moment, and they all NEED to be priorities. Figuring out how to make that work is difficult at times, but God is good and he's showing me how to do it.

Here's what was established today -
DONATIONS - Anyone wanting to make a donation can make their checks payable to Reach Now International. State on the check that it is for NourishNiger, and it will be held in an account for Niger food relief. They are a 501c3 organization and donations are tax deductible.

PAYPAL - the PayPal donation button that was on the side of the blog is no more. Making the account myself was much more complicated than I had originally thought and it turns out that it's just NOT that simple. Reach Now is going to be looking into getting a PayPal account set up for us. You WILL be notified once that is up and running!

TEXT MESSAGING - what? Say WHAT? Well, you know with the Haiti relief, the Red Cross has set up the way to text 'Haiti' to 90999 and donate $10? (Go for it by the way!) Well, we may be able to come up with this sort of option for NourishNiger! How AMAZING would that be?! Still in the process though, but again you'll be notified when that is up and running.

After this phone call, all I could do was sit for a little while and bask in the amazingness of God. My roommate said I should just scream and get it out, but I didn't want to. I wanted to hold it all in and bask in what I TRULY believe was the light of his blessing! I felt so many things - peace, joy, excitement, passion. God has REESTABLISHED this project in my heart and given it a place of resistance - it's not moving, it's unyielding, it is FIRM!

Prayer Requests
- Biola's Missions Conference is this next week. Hopefully NourishNiger can have a table-booth-area-location SPOT that we can advocate for this and make it known on the Biola campus (and also sell some stuff to fundraise). Pray we would be given this location and that people would respond and we would make progress!
- Pray that Reach Now would continue their amazing work helping the poor and needy of this world. Pray also that they would be able to help us in the midst of everything they already do!
- Pray that the passion for this project would not DIE! Niger is in NEED. The country has just publicly announced their destitute state, and are requesting international aid. That's us!

Blessings,
Chantelle

Proverbs 31:8-9
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,
for the rights of all who are destitute.
Speak up and judge fairly;
defend the rights of the poor and needy."

No comments:

Post a Comment