Proverbs 22:9

A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.

Deuteronomy 15:11

...I therefore command you, "Open your hand to the poor and needy neighbor in your land."

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 15: Valentine from God

Can I just say how AMAZING God is? No, really. He is. Just SO amazing. And here's why...

I started a group on Facebook for this organization to raise awareness and bring more people into this project. The group started 4 days ago on Thursday - Since then we have had 157 people join the group. That blows my mind! And it just keeps coming! Also, I have created a PayPal account so people can donate to this cause. (Donate button is in the sidebar!!!) Responses to this so far - positive. I'm so blown away by the amount of people who want to be a part of this. PRAISE GOD! I now need to work on creating a bank account for this. Something tells me I'll be doing some phone calls tomorrow.

I talked on the phone with Tam today, and she's working on getting things started at Eastern U. in Pennsylvania. Suzy is also talking to people at Cedarville in Ohio. I have other friends who may be interested in forming 'branches' at their schools as well. Someone has offered to create a website for this! What keeps going through my head is this - with this much exposure, $13,000 is NOTHING! God can do so much more than that, and I have faith he will.

And so this is God's Valentine to me - the assurance that he loves me, but more than just me, he loves the people of Niger and hurts with them. God is not blind - he knows more than I do about the situation. He knows what needs to be done, and how and when it needs to be done. So with that, remember to pray for the people of Niger - they're hungry in more ways than one. Also, remember to pray for the people who are working on this side of the pond (our friendly term for the Atlantic Ocean) to help our brothers and sisters.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment