Proverbs 22:9

A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.

Deuteronomy 15:11

...I therefore command you, "Open your hand to the poor and needy neighbor in your land."

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 8: God's Orchestration

Two days ago, I met with my friend Lacey to go over some ideas and planning before my meeting on Monday (tomorrow!). We were expecting Riley and Tim at 9:30, so we met a bit earlier to pray together and just give this whole plan over to God. I'm realizing just how much I need to be praying over this whole process, from beginning to end. For those of you who read this, please be praying along with me - for the people of Niger and the food insecurity there, and for those who will be working here to help the situation.

So the meeting began - slowly. Knowing the four of us, it's not surprising that we got sidetracked... a bit. (Tim - I want the These Are Not My Pants song from you!) But things were accomplished, including a list of people I should contact, beginning with mission organizations and people already in Niger. Not 10 minutes later, Danette Childs - who was on my 'To Contact' list - starts chatting with me on Facebook! (I told you I had gotten sidetracked.) I started chatting with her on Skype and she was a huge source of information. She asked me several questions about what my hopes for this project are, and she gave me the contact information of an organization they have worked with before. I emailed the man she told me about, and am hoping to hear back from him soon. I'm very optimistic about the possibility of working with this organization, however I won't post the information about the organization, since I'm not positive of anything working out. PRAY THAT IT DOES!!! I truly believed that God orchestrated my chat with Aunt Danette. If that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have nearly as much information as I do now.

So that's the most recent development. My meeting with the Coalition for Social Action (CSA) director is, as I said earlier, tomorrow. Pray that it goes well, that I would be organized, and that this would continue to develop here on campus.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment